We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What is a song lyric that really hits you hard? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. “Doesn’t mean that much to me to mean that much to you.”
Old Man by Neil Young.
2. “You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today. And then one day you find ten years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.”
3. “Well, I’ve been afraid of changing Cause I built my life around you.”
Landslide, Fleetwood Mac.
4. “I’ve spent the best years of my life waiting on the best years of my life.”
What have I done by Cursive.
5. “Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.”
The Wonder Years – Hoodie Weather.
6.“I know someday you’ll have a beautiful life. I know you’ll be a star in somebody else’s sky, but why, why, why can’t it be mine?”
Pearl Jam, Black.
7. “Who cares if one more light goes out? In a sky of a million stars.”
One of the last songs Chester wrote before he killed himself.
8. “I imagine death so much it feels like a memory.”
9. “This kitchen’s not the same without you.”
R.I.P Stephen Hillenburg.
10. “You made me forget myself I thought I was someone else someone good.”