11. Paracetamol is the number one reason for acute liver failure (also known as Acetaminophen, Panadol or Tylenol).
12. The potential for honey bee and other pollinator species going extinct. This has catastrophic implications for life as we know it. The warning signs have been there for decades. Human activity is suspected to be the main cause.
13. The Australian government is seriously considering letting oil companies drill for oil in the Great Australian Bight.
This is a huge huge issue.
- 85% of the species found in the Bight is literally only found there. They exist nowhere else in the world
- 36 different types of whales and dolphins live in the Bight, with their breeding grounds in the bight as well.
- Its the heart of the Australian fishing industry, so bye-bye quite a bit of fish if there is an oil spill.
- The Oil spill in Mexico which was the biggest in the world happened in calm waters. The Bight is known for having some of the roughest waters in the world. If a spill occurs in the Bight, it will be almost impossible to contain, and will utterly spoil the entire southern coast of Australia. From Western Australia to Tasmania.
So not only is Australia killing the Great Barrier Reef, but we are also very close (as in 2018 close) in letting huge oil companies come and try their luck in the Bight.
14. Penicillin and many antibacterial treatments are losing much of their effectiveness and will eventually be completely ineffectual.
15. Farm murders in South Africa.
16. Education and healthcare costs are spiraling out of reach of the common man.
17. The Berkeley Pit in Butte Montana is going to be one of the largest natural disasters in U.S. history and we have barely more than 2 years to remedy it.
Direct quote from Wiki: “The pit and its water present a serious environmental problem because of the water, with dissolved oxygen, allows pyrite and sulfide minerals in the ore and wall rocks to decay, releasing acid. When the pit water level eventually reaches the natural water table, estimated to occur by around 2020, the pit water will reverse flow back into surrounding groundwater, polluting into Silver Bow Creek which is the headwaters of Clark Fork River. The acidic water in the pit carries a heavy load of dissolved heavy metals. In fact, the water contains so much dissolved metal (up to 187 ppm Cu) that some material is mined directly from the water.”
18. Internet privacy. As in privacy in general.
19. The Troubled Teen Industry and the fact that as an American you can legally pay for the right to have your child kidnapped, taken away and abused until they’re compliant.
20. The almost depleted water table in the Midwest. No crops will grow without water being pumped in. It’s approaching soon. Look up water rights and who’s buying them up.
21. Fake bots on social media being used to spread false information.
22. Shrek 5, which will be released in 2019.
23. The people of Flint, Michigan haven’t had clean drinking water since April 24th, 2014.
24. Alcoholism can be easily treated with Naltrexone but because the patent is expired the drug companies make nearly no money from the drug, so there is no reason to tell people. It’s $1 a pill. It also works on opioids. Also, the war on drugs is a massive failure and the US desperately needs to fix its prison system. Seems like what’s most important is whether or not to give tax breaks to the rich currently.
25. Amongst all the sex scandals and controversies in Hollywood; Brendan Frasier’s name remains unsullied.