11. The list of unusual deaths.
It’s incredibly long, and there are lots of weird/quirky/awful deaths. The one that stuck with me was a woman walking along a road to work and a man was mowing his lawn. A piece of metal got kicked up by the mower and hit her in the head. Boom. Instant death. It’s not helpful to think about at night.
Also, the one where a woman was trying to reach behind her tv stand and she got stuck there and died. Her family looked for her for weeks, all the while she was dead in her own house.
12. David Parker Ray aka The Toy Box Killer.
He would play a tape for his victims when he abducted them.
13. There are worse accounts than the wiki, but the sinking of the U.S.S. Indianapolis. Hundreds of men floating in the open ocean being eaten by sharks, listen to each other being eaten by sharks in the night and many inadvertently committing suicide by swimming towards hallucinations from exposure.
14. This, in short, it’s a rare form of insomnia that’s incurable, and untreatable. Inducing coma still keeps the brain awake. And the progression of symptoms is just nightmare stuff.
15. The page for serial killer Nathaniel Bar-Jonah is horrific, in which it describes how he abducted, raped, and murdered a bunch of kids, as well as his predilection for eating the remains of his victims, as well as grinding up and grilling them to serve to his friends and family at cookouts. He even started compiling a cookbook of his recipes for dishes such as “little boy pot pie” and “french-fried kid”. The following is an excerpt of how this guy was:
Bar-Jonah’s earliest interest in the taste of human flesh can be traced to his childhood. Beginning at about the age of six, he would pick at his scabs until his skin was festering, then proceed to suck on the blood from the wound. His teachers at Webster Elementary School would call his mother numerous times to notify her that her son’s habit was upsetting to the teachers and students. When he was incarcerated in Montana State Prison, many of the guards observed him perform the same habit. One guard reported that once Bar-Jonah had the scab in his mouth that he “appeared to be having sex.”
16. Albert Fish comes to mind.
17. I once stumbled upon the talk page of a distinguished Wikipedia editor. There were hundreds of complaints that he was censoring legitimate edits about controversial subjects and conspiracy-like issues. The editor had a unique username so I googled it only to find hundreds of complaints about him to another wiki admin. Wiki admin said, “We have no editor with that username.” My head almost exploded and for a moment I was questioning everything.
18. Teratoma is a tumor that often comes from unfertilized sperm or eggs and resembles a fetus, they can develop human-like features like limbs, hair, organs, and bones.
19. Ed Gein, a serial killer/graverobber who made furniture and clothing out of human remains.
He inspired the characters of Norman Bates, Buffalo Bill, and Leatherface.
In, 1993, Robert Thompson and Jon Venables beat 2-year-old James Bulger to death. Thompson and Venables were 10 at the time.
21. Unit 731 almost made me throw up the first time I read about it. Right now you’re thinking “Reading a Wikipedia article can’t possibly be that bad.” It can. It’s so disturbing and terrible, it makes me want to cry whenever I think about it.
Don’t read it if you’ve had a good day because it will ruin your day.
22. I just found something that disturbed me! The Murder of Helle Crafts is about a woman who was murdered by her husband and, though her body was never found, her husband purchased a chainsaw and a woodchipper after her death. The chainsaw was discovered in the bottom of a nearby lake, covered in Helle’s hair and blood. All that forensic investigators were able to recover from her body was “3 ounces (85 g) of human tissue, including a tooth with unique dental work, a toenail covered in pink nail polish, bone chips, 2,660 bleached-blonde human hairs, fingernails and O type blood (the same type as Helle’s).”
The reason why this disturbed me was because it happened about 20 minutes from where I grew up (also I’m pretty sure I’ve gone swimming in that lake before too).
23. Murder of Junko Furuta.
24. Rat kings
Basically, 5-50 rats, moving as one giant cluster of rats.