We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What quote made you think a different way? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. “The master has failed more times than the novice has even tried.”
2. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – Winnie the Pooh.
3. “Comparison is the thief of joy.”
4. “We’d care a lot less about what others thought about us if we realized how little they did”.
5. “The only time a man can be brave is when he is afraid.”
6. “Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice.”
7. “If the grass looks greener on the other side, you probably forgot to water your own.”
8. “Isn’t it funny how day-by-day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different.” – C.S. Lewis
9. A friend once gave me a gift on which is engraved a quote from the strangest of places.
“Victory favors neither the righteous nor the wicked. It favors the prepared.”
10. “A man must suffer if he is to remake himself, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.”