11. Removing the human from customer service phone lines.
12. Removing the transmission dipstick in the auto industry.
13. The last TV I purchased doesn’t have any buttons on it. Not even a power button.
At least give me a physical power and source button.
14. When dishwashers went from physical buttons to a touchscreen.
You’re doing dishes, your hands are going to be wet. Ever try using a touchscreen with wet hands? It’s infuriating.
Also, please tell me why washing machines and dryers needed to go touch buttons too? And why does it sing to me in order as I push buttons?
15. Charging me a service fee to print my own g*ddamn TICKETS TICKETMASTER.
16. Making a sequel to a game and locking off old content behind paywalls.
Forcing games to always have an online connection so you can push your online store on people.
17. Need for Speed removing car customization for 3 straight games.
18. ISPs adding data caps, I paid for the same service ten years ago when it should have cost more for less and had no cap, What the hell?
19. Isn’t t really industry but when Halo removed split screen.
20. Messing with the Windows Start Menu!
I didn’t ask for this app-oriented crap, Microsoft.
21. Work a lube shop at the moment. An Audi came in the other day that didn’t actually have a dip stick. Apparently, they changed it to a computer-based “electronic dip stick”. It made it just a little more time consuming for us to ensure we had the correct amount of oil in the vehicle before it left our shop.
We have a system that scans the VIN barcode and tells us the correct quantity to put back in. We like to keep the customer informed on whether they came in with a little oil missing or not. If its a quarter or a half quart low maybe not a big deal depending on the age, but if its a quart low, it’s 2016, and they’re not crazy over in miles on their change period maybe they should have a mechanic look at it.
22. Removing home multiplayer in the Video Game industry.
23. Modern vehicles being harder and harder for people to service themselves.
24. The Nintendo “New” 3DS (the one with amiibo support built in) doesn’t come with a charger on the purchase, at least the first wave of them.
You would need to either have already had a previous 3DS and use its charger or buy an all-new one.
I haven’t bought a new “New” 3DS so this might have changed, but I know the first ones didn’t.
25. Adding more ads to advertise for an ad-free paid option.