11. Good pair of shoes.
12. Socks. Despite the expense and the inconvenience of obtaining them, there is nothing that compares to the feeling of wearing warm, dry socks.
13. One sharp, well-tailored suit for work and formal occasions. After that, you can just change up your shirt, trousers, and tie and you’ll still look impressive.
14. An electric tire inflator, for $29.95.
It’s so convenient to add air to the tires where you live rather than going to gas station air pumps especially in winter weather.
15. Bread from a bakery instead of regular stuff on the grocery store shelf, particularly if you can get it still warm from the oven, or at least very fresh.
16. A toothbrush. It is literally life-saving and can prevent you a whole world of pain in both your body and wallet. Bonus points if you brush twice and day and floss.
17. A good “under sink” home tool kit if you don’t have one already. I can say as a newly married 20 something it was the most useful gift my father in law got me.
18. My bidet. Best $35 I’ve ever spent.
19. Prescription Sunglasses.
20. A good power strip. Don’t buy the cheapest one. That’s how you burn down your house.
21. Professional photographer at your wedding. Food, music and so on are nice but goddamnit don’t cheap out on the photographer.
Those pictures are everything you’ll have from your wedding for the rest of your life.
22. Roomba. Haven’t swept in two years. 730 days my broom has not come from the side of the fridge. He probably misses me. I’m gonna go check up on him.
23. A heating blanked. There’s nothing better when it’s cold outside and inside but not in your bed.
24. For me, it is specialty coffee. A few years ago I took a 2-hour coffee tasting course at a local roaster and got a mail order specialty coffee subscription, which opened my eyes to the world of coffee. I pay about $20 (Canadian) for 340 grams which makes 17 cups of coffee at ~$1.18 per cup. People tell me it’s a waste of money, yet get $5.50 Starbucks every day.
25. My far too expensive hair products. Curly hair is not fun.