We asked our regular contributors through e-mail, You buy a 50L backpack and you’re confronted by the genie that lives inside it. He tells you he’ll fill the bag with whatever item you wish and you can keep it, so long as you can carry it for one mile. What would you fill the bag with? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way and most of the respondents have requested to stay anonymous, so no names will be published.
1. All of my woes and misery, then I’ll set the backpack down and walk away.
2. Give me a hard drive; one with the most storage to date, with all the winning lottery numbers for the next 50 years. With all the results for every sports game for the next 50 years. Stock movements for the next 50 years.
Blackmail information on every current and future politician over the next 50 years. Nuclear launch codes for every country.
Plans for an actual working warp drive. Plans for an actual, working teleportation device. Plans for solar panels that have a 97% power output compared to what they take in. Plans for a working, viable Iron Man suit.
Detailed plans for every assassination attempt against me, and how to foil them.
3. Apple, Microsoft, and Google shares certificates. Think about 30% of each company should be enough.
4. High-grade saffron, you could fit a sh*t load of it in a backpack that size, it doesn’t weigh too much and that stuff costs a fortune.
Either that or a list of all the private keys of every bitcoin wallet that has been lost. (no stealing and no inflation, but still lots of money).
5. I would turn the bag inside out and become a god.
6. A more traditional ‘3 wishes’ genie.
7. A pillow that I can sleep with for the rest of my life – the perfect pillow. Not too hot, not too cold, soft but firm. And under the pillow every morning I would find a crisp $100.
8. Hundred dollar bills. I know that’s a lot to carry, but I unload trucks for a living. I can handle it.
9. A small red button that immediately puts 100 dollars into my bank account.
10. A sticky note with the next winning lottery numbers on it for the billion dollar jackpot.
Scorpion venom. It’s worth about $37 million a gallon. You could fit a little more than 13 gallons which would net you close to $500 million USD
I think you would very quickly collapse the market for scorpion venom, and be screwed if it doesn’t keep.
I’d be boring and just ask for 200 pounds of gold. I’m sure I could carry that for a mile on my back, especially for the $3.8 million
Obviously theater popcorn. That sh*t is so expensive.
So, i will have to walk for 1 mile? Thanks, i’m good, i don’t need anything, and i won’t take the one mile walk.
Tell the Genie to get into the backpack.