Here are 40 Cocaine facts.
1-5 Cocaine Facts
1. An $80 worth of coca leaves, from a Colombian peasant, can sell for $2,147 as pure cocaine in Colombian ports. – Source
2. A drug testing expert was high on cocaine almost every day she went to work, calling into question some 30,000 criminal drug cases she processed over the course of eight years. – Source
3. Less than 5% of the world lives in the U.S., but Americans consume about 37% of cocaine in the world. – Source
4. Cocaine raises dopamine levels by 250%, compared to 100% from sex and 50% from food. – Source
5. George Carlin used so much cocaine, he once told his 11-year-old daughter that he thought the sun had exploded and they only had 7 1/2 minutes left to live. – Source
6-10 Cocaine Facts
6. Coca-Cola still uses coca leaves in its syrup, and there is only one factory in the US with the unique DEA license required to remove the cocaine. – Source
7. Carrie Fisher was addicted to cocaine and survived an overdose during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back. – Source
8. Scotland is #1 cocaine consuming country in the world. – Source
9. William Halsted, a pioneering surgeon from the 19th century who discovered anesthetic properties of cocaine, eventually got addicted to it. He signed himself up in a sanatorium where his addiction was “treated” with morphine. He remained a morphine addict for the rest of his life. – Source
10. There is a D.C. super villain named Snowflame who gains super powers from snorting cocaine. – Source
11-15 Cocaine Facts
11. David Bowie was so messed up on hard drugs especially cocaine that he could not recall making the album “Station to Station.” When asked about the studio he recorded in bowie stated: “I know it was in LA because I’ve read it was”. – Source
12. In 1994 a 75-pound bag of cocaine fell out of a plane and landed in the middle of a Florida crime watch meeting. – Source
13. Robert Louis Stevenson wrote The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde while on a 6-day cocaine binge. – Source
14. Before Coca-Cola, there were Coca Wine, 10% alcohol, and 8.5% cocaine extracts by volume, and endorsed by Queen Victoria and Pope Leo XIII. – Source
15. In 1978 Tim Allen nearly spent life in prison for trafficking cocaine. – Source
16-20 Cocaine Facts
16. Cocaine only costs $700/kg to produce but sells in the US for around $100/gram. – Source
17. Billy Mays died of high blood pressure resulting from cocaine use, not from a head injury caused by falling luggage. – Source
18. 1995 WHO study that stated “Occasional cocaine use does not typically lead to severe or even minor physical or social problems” was never published because the US threatened to withdraw US funding for all WHO research projects. – Source
19. Freud liked cocaine so much that he would give it to friends and family as a gift. – Source
20. Adolf Hitler farted uncontrollably, used cocaine to clear his sinuses, ingested some 28 drugs at a time, and received injections of bull testicle extracts to bolster his libido. – Source
#33 is disingenuous.
Cato is a self proclaimed Libertarian think tank. Not Conservative. And while both the Libertarian and Conservative ideologies fall on the Right side of the Right/Left political divide, they are **not** the same. At all.
Concerning drugs, a Libertarian institution would resoundly hail making all drugs legal, as it follows the self determination mindset of Libertarian beliefs. A Conservative institution would unlikely follow suit concerning drug legality.
What a waste of time to type out that pointless drivel. The funny thing is that your definition of those words is your opinion because the words are meaningless. They have been spun so many different ways that you can actually now spot the dumbest people in a group by how often they use political designations. POINTLESS.