11. Realized there was more to life than partying and waking up hungover all the time.
12. Paid off my debts slowly but surely and worked my ass off to buy a house. Took years but it was worth it.
13. Left the cult.
14. Realized my quest to find love wouldn’t fix anything wrong with me. Stopped manipulating and using men to try to fill the void in my soul. Treated men like people instead of tools. Actually fell in love and am married to the most wonderful person I’ve ever met.
15. I got injured in a car accident (rear-ended). Lost my business and my wife of 19 years eventually left for another man, leaving behind a 17-year-old daughter and 2-year-old son.
No job, No car, No money. 2 kids and $2k a month in rent coming due.
Two days after she left I took my real estate license test. I PASSED! I had planned to surprise her but had hidden that I was studying in case I failed. Either way, it wasn’t enough and I ended up taking a job at Amazon. I worked a graveyard shift while my daughter stayed home with my son. I also did open houses on the weekend in hopes someone would walk in unrepresented…
It still wasn’t enough so I signed up to drive Uber and lift. I had been able to pick up a decent vehicle from a family member for cheap and I was in business. I switched my graveyard shift to a day shift and started driving through the nights. The money was alright but I realized I could make a little more if I switched from Amazon to another large company in the area, so I did. I did that for about a year
Things we’re ok, I was making good money and then Coldwell Banker fired me. I didn’t think Coldwell fired anyone as long as they were paying their dues. I had never sold a house so all it meant was I needed to switch to another broker. Turns out that was a blessing in disguise.
A friend called on my way to sign with Keller Williams and convinced me to sign with a temp agency. I was skeptical but what did I have to lose? The first and second days I was placed with Toll Brothers. It was alright and I could see myself doing that. On the third day, I was sent to a local developer, and my world was changed.
The broker of record and the local developer took me under their wing. After a few months, they hired me away from my temp broker, gave me a salary and commissions, and provided me with an opportunity to change my kid’s lives forever. I was able to go from working 4 jobs to just one and I have learned more about myself than I could have ever imagined possible.
It’s been three and a half long years but I wouldn’t change a thing if I could.
16. Lost 15 kilos.
17. I wasn’t happy. Lost weight, shaved head, got tattoos, travel more, complain less. Everything I do it for myself. I have a long way to go. If it’s me trying to impress someone it never sticks. You have to want to do it yourself.
18. I heavily reduced sugar when I was 21 and started resistance training . 2 years later and I am feeling the best I have ever felt, have so much energy and self-confidence because I actually like the way I look now. Clothes fit so much better as well.
19. Moving out of my parent’s house.
I was living with my parents (which is a very common thing in India) until the end of my med school. I’ve been in my comfort zone all my life and had everything I need. That led to depression and I wanted to live by myself and to get out of my bubble. Now I can’t say I figured it all but I definitely feel better.
20. Find a 1996 Honda Civic with a clean title and low miles.