Here is a list of 25 Interesting World Records.
1-5 Interesting World Records
1. After needing 13 liters of blood for a surgery at the age of 13, a man named James Harrison pledged to donate blood once he turned 18. It was discovered that his blood contained a rare antigen which cured Rhesus disease. He has donated blood a record 1,000 times and has saved 2,000,000 lives. – Source
2. The record for most passengers on an airplane was set in 1991 when 1086 Ethiopian Jews were evacuated on a Boeing 747 to Jerusalem. The plane landed with 1088 passengers as two babies were born during the flight. – Source
3. A 125-lb woman won the Wing Bowl XXII eating contest (record 363 chicken wings). The next day, she won the Blue Ribbon Bacon Festival (5 lbs of bacon in 3 min), after winning the IHOP Pancake Bowl (59 pancakes). The next day, she conquered the Adam Emenecker Challenge by eating 5 lbs of barbecue. – Source
4. The Two oldest cats on record lived to 38 and 34 years old, both were owned by the same owner and lived off a diet of bacon, eggs, broccoli and coffee. – Source
5. “The sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick” is listed by the Guinness Book of Records as the hardest tongue twister in the world. – Source
6-10 Interesting World Records
6. Jonathan Lee Riches got the Guinness world record for having filed the highest number of lawsuits in the world. When he heard of this, he sued the Guinness Book of World Records – Source
7. Cliff Young at the age of 61 ran an ultra-marathon and broke the record by two days. He had no formal training, ran with no sleep, and beat sponsored, young athletes. He remarked that the race “wasn’t easy.” – Source
8. The world record for non-stop Pushups is 10,507 by Minoru Yoshida, which was set 33 years ago. – Source
9. Stephen Fry claims the UK record for saying ‘f**k’ on television most times in one live broadcast. – Source
10. In 1972, a bomb went off in a commercial airliner, blowing it into several pieces and fell for 3 minutes before crashing on a frozen mountain top. One woman named Vesna Vulović survived and now holds the Guinness World Record for the highest fall survived without a parachute, at 33,330 feet. – Source
11-15 Interesting World Records
11. John Cena holds the record for wishes granted with the Make-A-Wish foundation by any celebrity at over 400. – Source
12. A man spent 121 days in room with 40 venomous snakes in an attempt to break the Guinness World Record of 107 days, only to be told that they no longer maintain that record after achieving it. – Source
13. Ex-Prime Minister of Australia Bob Hawke once held the world-speed record for beer drinking. In his memoirs, he suggested that this single feat may have contributed to his political success more than any other, by endearing him to a voting population with a strong beer culture. – Source
14. Spearfish, South Dakota holds the world record for fastest, most drastic temperature change of 49 degrees Fahrenheit in two minutes. – Source
15. Teddy Roosevelt once held the World Record for most hands shaken in one day, with 8510 at a White House Reception. – Source
16-20 Interesting World Records
16. The record holder for most survived lightning strikes, at 7, Roy Sullivan was struck while operating a truck, inside a ranger station, on two separate occasions after running/driving away from the storm, and immediately after the seventh strike he had to fight off a trout-stealing bear with a tree branch. – Source
17. Annually a Masturbate-a-thon is held in San Francisco for charity. Money is raised based on length of time a person masturbates. Similar to a walk-a-thon paid by the mile. The current record is 10 hours. – Source
18. In 1986, the United Way released 1.5 million balloons in Cleveland as a world record attempt. The release caused two deaths, millions in damages, and untold environmental damage. – Source
19. The French military actually has the best military record in Europe, having won 132 of the 185 battles they fought in the last 800 years. – Source
20. Crayola’s senior crayon maker, Emerson Moser, who molded a record-breaking 1.4 billion crayons in his 37-year career, announced upon his retirement that he was color blind. – Source
21-5 Interesting World Records
21. In 2005, Snapple tried to break the world record for largest Popsicle, but instead it melted and covered Union Square in pink goo. – Source
22. Christopher Lee, known for his work with LOTR and Star Wars, has the Guinness World Record for most film acting roles, and he has also released two metal albums. – Source
23. The show Australia’s naughtiest home video show has the record for the quickest cancelation at 23 minutes. The owner of the network was quoted as saying “Get this s*** off the air.” – Source
24. The record for most miles driven by a single car is held by a man named Irv Gordon’s whose 1966 Volvo P1800 has reached 3 million miles this year. He has owned the car since new and still drives it at age 74. – Source
25. In 2011, Belgium beat Iraq to get the world record for having no government for the longest time (589 days). – Source
Number 3 is just insane! Consuming all that food and only weighing 125 lbs?! She should get a medical examination on her digestive system, it probably doesn’t absorb anything.
By the way I love this website, great design, usability and interesting facts.
Perhaps she pukes everything out afterwards
Actually, Belgium went 589 days without a government. 250 was Iraq’s record.
Thanks. We have corrected it
These people who stuff themselves with food or drink are risking serious heart damage and even death. Large amounts of food or drink strain the heart and put serious pressure on the blood vessels, especially the aorta. Long ago Guinness stopped publishing the results of eating and drinking contests because of the health dangers.
People should eat when they are hungry. Eating because you are bored or because you want to set up a record ignores millions of people who are starving. Good, that such records are no longer published.
The title says “30 Interesting World Records”, but I onle see 25?
Sorry. The title has been changed.
i think i got a good chance of beating the masterbating guy;)