Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. Leaving the house at least once a day does wonders for fighting seasonal depression.
Staying inside all day and not leaving just compounds your mental struggles. If you are an introvert and think this doesn’t apply to you, just going for a walk with headphones in helps your headspace immensely. No socializing is required.
2. It’s okay to always be the one to initiate contact with a friend. Just because they don’t reach out to you first doesn’t mean they don’t like you or want to hang out with you.
It’s okay to always be that friend who starts up the conversation. Never assume they don’t like you or don’t want to spend time with you just because they don’t text you first or invite you to things. Don’t ever tell yourself that without evidence to back it up.
It’s a two-way street and they want to feel accepted and feel like they belong just like you do, at least to some degree. You reaching out tells the other person that they are important to you. This boosts your self-esteem for stepping out of your comfort zone and helps them feel more confident in themselves. Double win and you get to spend time with a friend.
3. If you’re withdrawing from drugs and wondering if you’ll ever feel normal again, don’t give up. Don’t buy the lie that this is just how your body is and you’ll never be well again. It can take up to two years for your body to balance back out. Keep going. You’ll get better.
4. Don’t keep your furbabies alive for your peace of mind if you know they are suffering. They selflessly gave you unconditional love. The least we can all do is give them some dignity in death.
5. 8 Hard Rules That I Wish I had Known Earlier.
- Everyone you love is going to die.
- We give our lives meaning. If you feel like life is meaningless, it’s your fault.
- The perfect partner doesn’t exist. Concentrate on finding someone who has a lot of qualities you like and the same values and build a fantastic relationship.
- Life is a game. Find the games you want to play, learn the rules, and find a way to be successful at the games you selected.
- Everything ends. Youth, love, life… all end, and that’s what makes them valuable.
- Be romantic about the little things.
- Be realistic about the big things. Life isn’t a movie, you need to have a plan, have an artist’s ambition but an engineer’s mindset.
- Figure out a way or don’t complain.