Here are this week’s Life Pro Tips.
1. If your vehicle has a built-in GPS and you plan to trade it in; make sure you clear your home address or any other personal info from it. Many dealers forget to do this.
2. If you spend most of the day on a computer, follow the rule of the 20s.
The rule is that every 20 minutes you need to stand up and look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds while blinking 20 times.
This will greatly reduce eye strain from your monitor. You can also throw in something like 20 squats or calf raises to get the blood moving in your legs.
3. Live happy now. Don’t wait for once you graduate, once you get married/have children, or retire. Now is the best time.
4. Double check the tire pressure on your spare. If it’s been a while since you used it, or if you have never used it, it may be totally flat.
5. It’s essential to remove yourself from all of the major background check websites, even if you don’t have a criminal history.
There are lots of major background check sites out there that sell your information to any interested party. This includes your cell phone number, address (current and previous), social media information, email, criminal records, relatives, known associates, etc.
Anyone who is interested can find it out very easily. Such as someone you match with on a dating app who searches through Facebook using your name and location until they find you, then use that information on one of the background sites (i.e. stalkers). Also, potential employers are not supposed to look at this sort of information when making hiring decisions, but it wouldn’t surprise me if some do.
If you want to make sure you are as safe as possible on the Internet, you should spend a few minutes removing yourself.