It’s not easy to move an instrument of this kind as an instrument like a piano since it is massive and heavy, yet it is also fragile. The performance of the piano is dependent on its structural stability and the absence of damage or damage to the internal components following transportation. This is why it is important to be extremely careful while transporting it.
Preparing the instrument to be carried
For proper transportation for this type of instrument, it is necessary to plan the procedure by taking off the detachable external components of the instrument before its use. You will need:
- remove the cover that protects the keys by using the screwdriver.
- Take off the top cover mostly secured with latches;
- Unfasten the lower cover to shield the pedals
- If needed, take off the mechanism that strikes and then removes the bolts. We do not recommend damaging the mechanism.
Once this is done, the separate elements should be carefully packed, the strings should be secured with heavy paper, and the keys and cover should be separated using an abrasive material.
If you transport your instrument on your own and cannot disassemble the components, you’ll need to take it in its assembled form and cover the instrument by using the use of duct tape. This will stop the possibility of mechanical damage when you transport it.
Special bubble wrap should be used to shield the piano. If you do not have one, then use blankets, cover the instrument in them, and secure it using a rope. This reduces the risk of the instrument being damaged.
Plan of Action Plan of Action
First, you must know the requirements of the item you intend to transport. Transport is typically required for pianos of classical design which measure 1.5m in length and are at a height of 1.5m. The gravity center is located at 120 cm high. However, this is not the weight case:
- Small models weigh between 180 to 280 kilos;
- Take note of all entrances and routes that you might encounter on your journey. If your piano doesn’t pass through the doorway you’ll need to drop the plan.
- large models 320-500 kg.
- The instrument should always be supported from below. A piano facing downwards puts lots of pressure on it.
- You should ensure that the piano is transported evenly and is supported by support points. It is best to hire one loader that is specifically designed for 45 kilograms.
- If a traumatic situation occurs be sure that everyone will move away fast, for example, when one person falls.
- It is important to first consider an appropriate transport vehicle, as well as the various options to load the instrument. Or entrust the matter to experts.
- Check the condition of the staircase at the place you want to take the piano down and then up. If the weight of the instrument is combined with that of employees from the transportation company the stairs might not be able to withstand the load, which can create a dangerous situation for health and the piano.
- How can you move pianos safely? Follow this guideline:
- It is vital to carry the instrument correctly. If the instrument isn’t in the correct position, you should tell others.
- Make sure that everyone involved during the process is equipped with the straps required and fasteners that allow you to move the piano safely.
- Do not try to do the transport yourself if you don’t have any prior experience with transporting products of this type. Hire professional cheap piano movers in NYC from reputable transportation firms like Zeromax. They can move instruments swiftly and securely and take them down and up the steps.
When you are transporting a piano the best practice is to move it slowly and with care. You or the experts in the process should be an able to stop in time to catch the instrument, take a deep breath, and get back to your fitness. This will allow you to have complete control over the situation and reduce the chance of unexpected situations.
Loading and fixing the car’s inserts
When the entire work is completed, you can assume that the bulk of the work is done. It’s time to load it into the vehicle.
The piano should be securely secured. Special vehicles with a large capacity for carrying are equipped with hydraulic elevators as well as metal clamps for securing the instrument. The clamps are used to secure the instrument along its side.
Do not transport your piano in cold temperatures. The instrument will react to changes in temperature.
Before transport, determine the route to follow and do it without haste, to avoid a lot of jolts, vibrations, and mechanical damages; take it slowly but slowly.
To be sure that your piano is transported securely and safely, trust all the work to the professionals of Zeromax. Zeromax company. We’ll transport your fragile cargo efficiently and at the most affordable cost in the area!