Showerthought is a loose term that applies to any thoughts, ideas, or philosophical questions that race through your head while carrying out a routine task like showering, driving, or daydreaming. We have collected some of these from all over the internet. Please leave a comment if you like this and would want more.
1-5 Shower Thoughts
1. Waterboarding at Guantanamo Bay sounds super rad if you don’t know what either of those things are.
2. The object of golf is to play the least amount of golf.
3. April Fool’s Day is the one day of the year when people critically evaluate news articles before accepting them as true.
4. Last night my friend asked to use a USB port to charge his cigarette, but I was using it to charge my book. The future is stupid.
5. When Sweden is playing Denmark, it is SWE-DEN. The remaining letters, not used, is DEN-MARK. This also applies to Poland vs. Andorra, Bhutan vs. Tanzania, Cyprus vs. Russia and Persia vs. Siam.
6-10 Shower Thoughts
6. There should be confetti in tires so that when there is a blowout it’s still kind of an okay day.
7. Maybe ‘Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?’ isn’t a show that displays how stupid grown adults can be, but rather, a show that depicts how much useless information we teach grade schoolers that won’t be retained or applicable later in life.
8. There should be an app like tinder but for jobs. Like hey you have 42 jobs that meet your qualifications near you. Then the company can swipe left for awful applications.
9. Of all the bodily functions that could be contagious, thank god it’s the yawn.
10. Your dog doesn’t know you can make mistakes. So when you trip over him in the dark, he thinks you got up just to kick him in the head.
11-15 Shower Thoughts
11. Now that cellphones are becoming more and more waterproof, pretty soon it will be okay to push people into pools again.
12. In the future, imagine how many Go-Pros will be found in snow mountains containing the last moments of people’s lives.
13. If Leonardo Dicaprio ever wins an Oscar, he should pull out a dusty piece of paper and do an acceptance speech as if it’s from 1993.
14. “DO NOT TOUCH” would probably be a really unsettling thing to read in braille.
15. Instead of all the prequel and sequel movies coming out, they should start making equele, i.e., films shot in the same time period as the original film, but from an entirely different perspective.
16-20 Shower Thoughts
16. Apple has “air.” Amazon has “fire.” Google has “earth.” I think Microsoft should create something called “water.”
17. If you swap the spinach for beer, then any episode of Popeye becomes a bitter story of a raging alcoholic, right down to the speech impediment and tendency to fight people who he believes are trying to steal “his girl.”
18. Since smart watches can now read your pulse, there should be a feature that erases your browser history if your heart stops beating.
19. “Go to bed, you’ll feel better in the morning” is the human version of “Did you turn it off and turn it back on again?”
20. Your shadow is a confirmation that light has traveled nearly 93 million miles unobstructed, only to be deprived of reaching the ground in the final few feet thanks to you.
21-25 Shower Thoughts
21. We should have a holiday called Space Day, where lights are to be shut off for at least an hour at night to reduce light pollution, so we can see the galaxy.
22. Becoming an adult feels like slowly being put into a managerial position you didn’t really want.
23. The sinking of the Titanic must have been a miracle to the lobsters in the kitchen.
24. There should by a gym where the membership fee is extremely high at the beginning of the month, but you earn money back for every day you end up going and working out for at least an hour.
25. Brushing your teeth is the only time you clean your skeleton.