11. My pets.
12. I think about all the natural wonders, all the organisms (both beautiful and terrifying) that inhabit this earth with me, I think about the fact that no matter how bad things seem on our pale blue dot the cosmos are massive, complex, and new stars are still being born in stellar nurseries all the time.
I also like to think of my life from a historical context. I needed a root canal a few weeks ago and was pretty bummed about it till I remember that old-timey dentistry was whiskey and some dude with a steady hammering hand. Hardcore History and other such shows are also excellent work out motivation 🙂 my ancestors used to have to be ready to throw down and scrap! This bike ride to the grocery store is a cakewalk comparatively and it’s good for me too.
13. We’re only here for a minute. Enjoy it.
14. I’m not homeless anymore, my chronic illness is in remission, so I can feed myself and even work outside the house. Life is good!
15. When days are hard, and nights are long;
When storms are raging rough –
When all my dreams are non-too-strong,
And hopes ain’t hope enough –
I close my eyes to hear the breeze;
The secret words inside –
The whispered winds that shake the trees;
The songs that skip and hide.
I hear the rhymes that ride the tide,
The swing, the sound, the beat –
The lines that swell and slip and slide
small and sweet.
I hear the sounds that hold and wait
For those who seek to find –
A safer shore; a surer state;
A better frame of mind.
When days are hard;
when tempests cry
A squall of aches and pains –
I close my eyes,
and breathe a sigh.
And poetry remains.
16. That experience with people is what matters most, not money or material.
17. I laugh at myself for being a big ole Eeyore.
18. My kids. They are helping me more than anything else right now.
19. I remember that Yahoo hasn’t given up, so why should I?
20. High school is almost over and a new chapter of my life is about to start 🙂