We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What is, in your opinion, the biggest flaw of the human body? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. Pretty much any autoimmune disease. The body can literally kill itself trying to protect itself.
2. How close the food pipe and windpipe are.
3. Allergies, or said another way, your immune system flipping out because you bumped into a peanut, dust mite, shrimp, cat, etc…
4. The absolute randomness in its strengths vs vulnerabilities.
A person can jump from a plane, have their parachute not open & survive the impact.
Or you can slip in the shower, break your neck, and die on the spot.
5. There are many. But, notably to me is how easily the Knee joints and the Spine can get damaged. They are next to impossible to completely repair. Once damaged they are never really right again.
6. How fragile the brain is.
7. If I wipe the wrong direction I could get an infection that could spread to my kidneys and kill me.
8. Teeth cannot repair themselves (I think?). If a bone can heal back together why the hell can’t a tooth fill in a microhole.
In a natural state, teeth are pretty dam important.
9. The fact that there are so many things you can do to the human body without killing it
But oh I slept wrong and pinched a nerve now I’m paralyzed.
10. Your brain replaying embarrassing moments over and over until you die.