We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What is the single worst movie you sat through hoping it would get better, but didn’t? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. The Last Airbender, the movie. It’s been 10 years and I still become enraged when I think about it.
3. Fantastic 4 2015, that movie is a dumpster fire of epic proportions but I wanted to see what they did with Doom so I stayed till the end, but they f**ked him up too.
4. Artemis Fowl.
What an absolute clusterfuck that movie was. Disney just skullfucked the source material to death and then set fire on the body.
5. Y’all saw Slenderman? Absolute shitshow, as soon as the credits were rolling in the theater a guy in the back yelled “well that was sh*t”.
6. Mean Girls 2. Thought it was going to be like the first one, ended up with a Walmart version.
7. Allegiant. Nothing actually happens in the film. I could’ve watched paint dry for two hours and it would’ve been a more productive use of my time than watching that film.
8. Transformers: the last knight. For a movie that’s called Transformers, they sure do put a huge emphasis on everything except them. Optimus is in the movie for like 8 minutes, and it’s painfully long.
9. “Downsizing” movie for me was a huge disappointment though the idea of the movie was nice and new, it turned to be very slow and boring.
10. The new Dolittle movie with Robert Downey Jr. The climax of the movie is him pulling a bagpipe out of a dragon’s ass. I was just sat there like, who approved this to be made?