12. Some species of burrowing spiders keep teeny tiny frogs in their burrows to keep it free of bugs too small for the spider to get that might try to eat the spider’s eggs. This means that tiny frogs are spider cats.
13. There are more stars than there are grains of sand on all the beaches in the world.
Cows can walk upstairs, but they can’t walk down.
14. Chocolate was once used as currency (by the Aztecs. more accurately, cacao beans were used).
Worms have 5 hearts.
The surface of Mars is covered in rust, making the planet appear red.
The red food-coloring (carmine) that’s used in a lot of candy is made up of a kind of beetle.
There’s a train station in Japan that has a cat station master (currently Nitama).
Cows have “best friends” and get stressed when separated.
Apples float but pears sink. Apples float because they are 25% air.
Wombat poop is cube-shaped.
16. From the time Pluto was discovered until the time it was demoted from planethood, it still hadn’t made one complete revolution around the sun.
18. Hippopotamus milk is pink.
Some fish cough.
Don’t eat too many carrots or your skin will turn orange. (That happened to my own daughter!)
Some frogs will glow when they eat fireflies.
Before 1913 parents could mail their kids to Grandma’s through the postal service.
19. A lot of the tv or internet videos she watches comes via undersea cables.
20. Fact: A curious 4 years old can never be satisfied with one fact per day.
21. I once told my son that there was a scientist for everything. So we started a tradition where he’d pick something to see if there were people that studied it, and I’d give some age-appropriate examples of what they do.
22. Humans are bioluminescent and glow in the dark, but the light that we emit is 1,000 times weaker than our human eyes are able to pick up.
23. The building in the world with the most toilets is Wembley Stadium.
Cows get excited when they solve puzzles.
The filling in a Kit Kat is broken up Kit Kat’s.
One time a guy ate an airplane. It took him several years but he did it.
The little jump guinea pigs do when they’re happy is called popcorning.
When a cat walks towards you with its tail up that means it likes you and is excited to see you.
Elephants have a noise that means “there are bees here let’s leave immediately”.
24. Giraffe tongues are black.
25. Your hand is exactly the same size as your face.