We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What part of your Personality do you Fake? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. HOW F*CKING CALM I ALWAYS AM!
2. Extroversion. I’m a middle school teacher.
3. Patience. On the inside, I’m screaming at you to hurry up. On the outside, I’m saying, “Noooo, it’s fine. Take your time. For real, I get it. Take your time, dear. 🙂”
4. Being nice. I have some pretty mean tendencies naturally but I do my best to be nice to everyone in spite of myself.
5. Confidence, I always give off that “leader” energy when I actually lack self-esteem and I don’t know what I’m doing most of the time, I just don’t like asking for help or bothering others so everyone thinks highly of me when it’s all just a facade.
6. That I care about stuff. Most of the time it’s hard for me to care about anything, but pretending to care makes the people around me happy and it doesn’t really take a toll on me.
7. I’m a black guy who has no discernible accent. I code-switch all the time depending on who I’m talking to. I’m fairly certain no one knows what my actual accent and speech sound like at this point.
8. Being sociable when I really want to GTF away from people.
9. The bubbly one when I open gifts. My face can’t lie but I at least try to sound happy.
10. That I don’t care about my grades. I care but I can’t stop myself from procrastinating and not getting stuff done so I just play it off like I don’t care.