We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What software is so good you can’t believe it’s free? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
2. GPS. A godsend to drivers like me that can’t figure out maps.
4. I remember when I switched to Linux, I was actually pretty upset that I couldn’t find a replacement for paint.NET for a good bit. For those in that situation, the software Pinta is consciously a Linux port of paint.NET.
5. Davinci Resolve. (There’s a paid version but the free version is ridiculously good)
6. WinDirStat. A great way of visualizing your hard drive and finding odd files that are taking up a lot of space that you don’t remember putting there.
7. Audacity. It’s so simple and is enough to handle any audio projects I will ever work on.
8. Visual Studio Code from Microsoft is totally free and it has so much potential.
The world’s software is written in its ATM.
10. OBS, Audacity, Krita.