We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What’s the biggest Scam in life that no one wants to admit? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. How does HEALTH insurance not cover dental and vision? What kind of shenanigans is that?
2. We work the majority of our lives, during our fittest years of health, for the promise of a golden retirement, when we will probably too old and ill to enjoy it properly.
3. The easy-to-join, difficult-to-cancel subscription model.
4. Online convenience fees.
5. The entire wedding industry.
To be clear, not marriage but weddings specifically.
I’m happily married to my wife and we were content to do something special just the two of us, maybe spend a couple of grand and treat ourselves a little bit to something amazing.
Cue the families getting involved and before you know it we’re spending closer to twenty grand on one day and feeding a bunch of people I’ve not heard of before or since the wedding.
6. Mom: tell me the truth and I won’t be mad.
7. The subscription-based economy.
9. Paying exorbitant amounts of money for health insurance, and still having to pay boatloads of cash for any doctor/hospital visits.
10. $18 Salad lol.