Here are 22 facts about deforestation.
1-5 Deforestation Facts
1. Amazon forest has been the biggest victim of deforestation and Mc.Donalds is one of the leading contributors of deforestation in the Amazon jungle. The popular company has been employing cunning tactics to justify massive deforestation and taxing the limited resources of the earth. – Source
2. Industrialization, agriculture, and emission of excessive greenhouse gas have all grouped along with deforestation to hinder the next ice age. – Source
3. Palm oil used for making Halloween candies is another reason for deforestation owing to which orangutans have been losing their natural habitat. – Source
4. Meat consumption and the ever-growing demand for meat has been reported as the biggest contributor to the deforestation of Amazon forest. – Source
5. Deforestation at Haiti is rampant as much as 98% and subsequently about 80% of the entire population lives in dire poverty. – Source
6-10 Deforestation Facts
6. The deforestation in Egypt may be due to the massive constructions of pyramids. – Source
7. An environmentalist group runs a charity organization by making adult videos as a protest against deforestation. – Source
8. The Nazca civilization of Peru is said to have crumbled due to deforestation. – Source
9. Survey suggests that about 50,000 species and plants of the ecosystem become extinct each year due to deforestation. – Source
10. The most environmentally hazardous projects are carried out in Canada. – Source
11-15 Deforestation Facts
11. The world’s highest rate of deforestation is recorded in Indonesia while Brazil has the second highest record. – Source
12. Deforestation is one of the leading factors of global warming. – Source
13. In 1923, Haiti had a land coverage of 60% which has dropped down to 2% now due to deforestation. – Source
14. The Roman Empire was driven to ruin and disaster due to deforestation and farming. – Source
15. The United States issued an act in 2008 which prohibits companies to purchase raw materials derived through illegal deforestation. – Source
16-22 Deforestation Facts
16. The passenger pigeon went completely extinct by 1914 due to overhunting and massive deforestation. – Source
17. A large variety of insects, flora and fauna are lost due to extensive deforestation. – Source
18. Arguable theories about the decline of Mayan Civilization and deforestation were raised after the discovery of a massive volcanic eruption in El Salvador. – Source
19. About 17% of the total greenhouse gas emissions is accounted to deforestation. – Source
20. An American nun was murdered in Brazil for speaking out about the effect agriculture was having on deforestation of rainforests. – Source
21. Popular actor Harrison Ford had waxed his chest to grow awareness about deforestation. – Source
22. Indonesia has come up with a unique strategy to fight deforestation: they have to supply five seedlings for weddings and 25 for divorces. – Source
4. I really wish people would realize that contrary to popular belief not eating meat isn’t actually unhealthy,
Who the hell says its not healthy? Most of the time in human history we (poor shitheads) had to eat verggie stuff, meat was for the richt and we are still here.
I like meat but i dont think you need meat every day or even worse 3 times a day.
Simply not necessary but dont get me wrong i like meat and if i could i would eat meat 3x a day but i know that this would have an impact on my health.
What kind of no-info propaganda nonsense is this list?
It reads like a ranting uncle at Thanksgiving.
#14 is misleading, even the source cities that it was not the reason for the collapse but could have been part of the reason. Just to throw it out there as another example, lead poisoning from all their lead usage could have a contributing factor to Rome’s decline.
#10 is ridiculous. first, it has nothing to do with deforestation. second, the source link has absolutely no backing information to support the claim posted. horrible horrible “journalism”
I was thinking the same, The link goes to a wikipedia page on oil sands stating that they exist in Canada.