Here are 30 Interesting and Unusual Things That Are Illegal around the world.
1-5 Unusual Things That Are Illegal
1. American eggs would be illegal in a British supermarket because they are washed and British eggs would be illegal in a US supermarket because they are unwashed. – Source
2. Dying is illegal in Longyearbyen, Norway because the town’s small graveyard stopped accepting bodies after discovering the permafrost prevented the bodies from decomposing. – Source
3. In Denmark, it is illegal to burn foreign flags, but it is not illegal to burn the Danish flag. – Source
4. In France, Germany, and Switzerland, it is illegal to deny that the holocaust happened. – Source
5. In Saudi Arabia, women are allowed to fly aircraft, though they must be chauffeured to the airport because it’s illegal for them to drive a car. – Source
6-10 Unusual Things That Are Illegal
6. In Switzerland, it is illegal to keep just one guinea pig. You got to have at least two. – Source
7. It is illegal for drug companies to advertise to consumers almost everywhere in the world. The only exceptions are the USA and New Zealand. – Source
8. Blue jeans are illegal in North Korea because they are a symbol of American imperialism. – Source
9. Oral sex was illegal in Canada until 1969. – Source
10. Sex toys are illegal in India, and their sale punishable by 2 years in prison. – Source
11-15 Unusual Things That Are Illegal
11. It is illegal in many US Cities to put money in an expired parking meter whether it is your car or not. – Source
12. p*rn is illegal in Ukraine, unless it is for medical use. – Source
13. In Arizona, it is legal for any citizen to carry a gun, but it is illegal to carry nunchucks. – Source
14. Pinball was illegal for over 30 years in America and it even had its own crime boss, who specialized in the illegal pinball machine industry. – Source
15. It is illegal to homeschool in Germany, and that homeschooled children may be removed from their parents even if these children are found to be well taken care of. – Source
16-20 Unusual Things That Are Illegal
16. Wall Street’s iconic 7,100lb bronze Charging Bull sculpture is actually an illegal piece of street art – Source
17. It’s illegal for kids 16 and under in South Korea to play video games past midnight – Source
18. It is illegal to run out of gas on the Autobahn (German expressway). – Source
19. It is illegal in some states in the USA to collect rainwater because “according to officials, that rain belongs to someone else.” – Source
20. It is illegal for Indian physicians to determine the gender of a fetus due to high incidences of female infanticides – Source
21-25 Unusual Things That Are Illegal
21. American car seats are illegal to use in most of the rest of the world due to the addition of the chest clip. – Source
22. Billboards are illegal in Vermont. – Source
23. Unpaid Internships are illegal in the UK because “they don’t comply with national minimum wage legislation.” – Source
24. In Ohio, It is illegal for foster parents to make their children who are of the opposite sex to share the same room. – Source
25. It is illegal for restaurants in the UK not to give free tap water when asked if the restaurant is licensed to serve alcohol. – Source
26-30 Unusual Things That Are Illegal
26. Dancing in nightclubs is illegal in Japan – Source
27. bl*wjobs are illegal in Malaysia and are punishable with imprisonment for a maximum of 20 years and whipping. – Source
28. Random & preemployment drug tests are illegal in Canada. – Source
29. It is illegal for any US resident to boycott any Israeli products or promote such boycotts. – Source
30. In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors. However, it is legal to sleep on top of a refrigerator indoors. – Source
@15. We (Military) are allowed to Homeschool in Germany. My kids attend German school and when one of them was having some difficultly in school, we suggested we might take them out and homeschool. The teachers reacted as if we said we were going to chain them to the wall and beat them. It’s completely unheard of to homeschool. Our kids seemed to get some extra attention after that.
Yes, because in Germany a teacher is a professional. Teaching at a school requires a university degree (at least 4 years) and two years of practical training at a school. This way it is ensured that a person is qualified to be a teacher and has knowledge and practise of pedagogical concepts. No parent can have this qualification unless you’re not a teacher yourself. But then the school is also a place to learn social interaction with age peers.
Pure out of interest, how exactly do you perform this homeschooling if you are in military service? Do you not work 8 hours a day then?
My wife teaches them and has an education background.
4. Should be illegal everywhere.
Well, it’s also illegal in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Jtaly, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland. I wonder why it’s not, say, illegal to deny the American Indian Holocaust or the Holodomor of Ukraine, or Armenian Genocide! Weird!