We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What’s one of life’s biggest traps that people fall into? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. Just because you have spare money at the end of the month doesn’t mean you need to spend it.
2. Waiting too long for “perfect”, like the perfect soulmate, house, job, etc., and then letting too many good opportunities pass by.
3. Sunk cost fallacy.
4. Doing nothing because of fear of rejection.
5. Never letting go of the past, that can destroy you I swear.
6. Not knowing how to use credit cards right.
7. Lifestyle creep.
Feeling the need to upgrade cars, houses, jewelry, etc to keep up with your peers.
8. Thinking that you’re running out of time to do something because someone else has done it already.
9. Letting other people define success for them rather than defining it for themselves.
10. Marrying or living with or otherwise committing to someone who is mean to you and doesn’t treat you well.