Here is a list of 30 Interesting Facts About Star Wars.
1-5 Interesting Facts About Star Wars
1. Harrison Ford was paid $10000 for Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope. – Source
2. After watching Star Wars, James Cameron decided to quit his job as a truck driver and entered into the film industry. – Source
3. In the early drafting of Star Wars, storm troopers carried light sabers, and there were female storm troopers. – Source
4. In an effort to preserve the language, ‘Star Wars’ is being dubbed in Navajo. – Source
5. For the original Star Wars, Lucas paid a fine and resigned from the Directors Guild rather than obey its demand that he begin with the conventional opening credits. – Source
6-10 Interesting Facts About Star Wars
6. When filming in Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Ewan McGregor kept imitating the noise of the light saber during his fights. George Lucas explained many times that this would be added in by the special effects people later on. Ewan kept saying “I keep getting carried away”. – Source
7. George Lucas really thinks Empire Strikes Back is the worst Star Wars movie. – Source
8. Deep Roy is the only actor to hold the “science fiction trifecta,” having appeared in Star Wars, Star Trek and Doctor Who. He has also been in X-Files, NeverEnding Story, and Transformers. – Source
9. Even though Star Wars has an incredibly complex and deep universe, Yoda’s species was never named. – Source
10. All of the old buildings from Star Wars, such as Obi-Wan’s house, Mos Espa, and Lars Homestead, are still intact and can be visited in Tunisia. – Source
11-15 Interesting Facts About Star Wars
11. Despite the lyrics he wrote in the song Bicycle Race [“I don’t like Star Wars”], Freddie Mercury actually liked Star Wars a lot. – Source
12. With inflation, the original Star Wars made the equivalent of $1,453,455,900 today. – Source
13. The Star Wars character, Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader meets six of the nine diagnostic criteria for borderline personality disorder (BPD), one more than necessary for a diagnosis. – Source
14. George Lucas considered casting the principal characters of Star Wars as dwarfs. – Source
15. In the Star Wars Universe, the style of music being played by the Cantina Band is known as “Jizz” – Source
16-20 Interesting Facts About Star Wars
16. There exists an infamous Star Wars trading card of C-3PO in which it appears the droid is sporting a ginormous erection, and nobody is quite sure how it happened. – Source
17. Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) had an affair with then-married Harrison Ford (Han Solo) during their filming of the Star Wars films. – Source
18. Mark Hamill was in a car accident that caused substantial facial trauma a day before he finished shooting the original Star Wars. An in-universe explanation for his scarring was developed for The Empire Strikes Back, where he is mauled by a Wampa, allowing him to continue the trilogy. – Source
19. George Lucas’s original plans for a Star Wars sequel trilogy would have Hamill, Fisher, and Harrison portraying their characters “sixty or seventy years old”. Currently the actors are 61, 56, and 70, respectively. – Source
20. Star Wars: The Old Republic was the most expensive game ever made. – Source
21-25 Interesting Facts About Star Wars
21. In 1998, George Lucas sent the above image to James Cameron for dethroning Star Wars at the box office.
22. For Star Wars Episode I, sets were only built as tall as the actors’ heads. The rest of the sets were created using CGI. However, Liam Neeson’s height necessitated the rebuilding of the sets, which cost the production team an extra $150,000. – Source
23. The death star trench sequence in Star Wars was inspired by the RAF dam busting missions during World War 2. – Source
24. The word Ewok is never once said in the Star Wars movies.
25. The sounds of the TIE fighters in star wars were a combo of an elephant call and a car driving on wet pavement. – Source.
26-30 Interesting Facts About Star Wars
26. This was how Lucas filmed the Star Wars opening crawls.
27. In Star-Wars, all light sabers were supposed to be white. The Blue / Red distinction was made during post-production. – Source
28. Jon Stewart had a planet named after him in the Star Wars universe simply by asking George Lucas where Obi-Wan came from. – Source
29. Keira Knightley was Natalie Portman’s double in Star Wars episode I: The Phantom Menace. – Source
30. The Star Wars theme was released as a single with the Cantina song, and reached #1 on the U.S. Hot 100 in 1977.