21. I personally hate when I hear parents telling their kids white lies to stop them from doing something.
22. I would say what’s harmful is what’s not being taught.
23. “She’s younger than you, just let it go.” “Can’t you be more compassionate? Your the older one here in this situation” “ She’s a little child, she doesn’t know any better”
Absolutely hate this information that was drilled into me since I was a kid.
24. Goodwill win, evil will be punished.
There is no karma.
Some people will do all sorts of shitty stuff, and be successful and happy.
Other people will do good and will end up with cancer.
25. Political views, at ages, that children are really too young to understand them. They just spout off their parent’s thoughts.
26. Doing the right thing will sometimes make others hate you. Be prepared for that.
27. That you can be anything you want in life.
Sorry but this just isn’t correct. Poor Eddie who can’t grasp basic division isn’t going to be an astronaut.
28. Being discouraged to speak up about illnesses because it makes them weird/ somethings wrong with them. They talk about like, You need therapy, which isn’t a bad concept and you probably do need it, but they picture it in such a bad light.
29. The lie that life is fair and things happen for benevolent, valid reasons.
Then we let them get burned and figure it out themselves.
30. Teaching them to respect authority instead of learning to freely question everything.
I’d throw in there that they are the most important person in the world. Individualism is fine but when it starts to take over collectivism it becomes a problem of self centered populace looking only at what will directly benefit them. Humanity’s whole existence is to make life easier for future generations not for your person.