We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What life changing item can you buy for less than $100? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. A king-sized blanket for a queen-sized bed.
2. A dashcam for your car can protect you from wrongful claims also vandalism and theft.
3. Carbon monoxide detector.
4. It May sound simple, but a good pillow. It is amazing the change in body aches, and sleep you see when you have a good pillow that fits you.
5. First Aid Kit.
6. Blackout curtains for your bedroom.
7. A good shop vac. You will not believe how many uses around the house you’ll find for it. Cobweb removal, water removal, gravel removal, vent cleaning, soot trap cleaning, (after a good scrub since it’s likely dirty from other tasks) car vacuuming, dust sucking, the list goes on. Seriously if you plan to buy or already own home go get a shop vac.
8. A 10-foot charging cable
Or a quality pair of shoes.
9. Motion sensor night lights. Can’t tell you how many stubbed toes or falls they have prevented. Also a cheap intruder alarm.
10. If you have a large lawn or a property that requires a lot of yard work get some 3M Worktunes. About $50 and they’re combination hearing protection and Bluetooth headphones so you can actually hear your music without destroying your eardrums.
They’re a good gift too for anyone you know with a lawn or wood shop or something.
At my old house, it was a 4-5 hour ordeal to mow and trim the property. I’d likely have gone fully insane without those.