We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What makes you nervous no matter how many times you do it? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. Walking over a storm drain with my keys in my hand.
2. Using my table saw. Even though I am a Carpenter.
3. When my boss goes ‘can we just have a quick chat?’
4. Let’s break ourselves into small groups and…
5. Driving in between two semi-trucks on the freeway. Bonus points if one or both is carrying a bunch of logs.
6. Drive in front of a police officer when I have no reason to be nervous.
7. Calling off work.
8. At meetings when they say, “Ok, everyone, let’s go around the room and introduce yourself.” Even worse when they require stupid things like, “Include your favorite food and why you like it” or “Tell us why you’re here.” Uhhh…because it’s mandatory?
9. Surprise guests.
10. Job interviews.