We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What’s a song you love from a genre you don’t? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”.
2. Not a metal guy but I like war pigs.
3. I’m not a big Country fan, but I’ll stop and listen to most any song by Dolly Parton.
4. Warren G – Regulate, I like hard rock/metal but I really like Regulate.
5. Bulletproof by La Roux.
6. ‘Electric Avenue’ from whatever the genre that is.
7. Rasputin – Boney M and a lot of ABBA songs.
I’m more of a classic rock/ hair metal person but ABBA has some killer songs. And I like Boney M. because of that just dance game.
8. I love how everyone hates the country but has one country song they love.
9. Don’t really care for boy bands, but “I want it that way is great.”
10. Not a rap fan but “It was a good day” by Ice Cube is just too good.