21. Nice birthday gifts. Before I met them I’d never really gotten much birthday gifts ( I’ve already always been the kinda person that always gets close people birthday gifts) but my friends bought me a teddy bear for my birthday and came to my home to hide it in my cupboard after I left for school. Then later when they saw me at school all 4 of them gave me stuff like earrings/rings/ chokers and all that. Explosion boxes too—with my pictures, their writings, our pictures together.
Best friends I could ever ask for. I’m blessed.
22. DnD, after initially disliking it after my first session I’m so glad I gave it another go. It’s really helped me start getting creative with things again.
23. The Smashing Pumpkins. Before that my taste in music and what I listened to was wholly dictated by my brother and his elitism. My friend really opened my mind and I feel like when I first heard it was when I came of age.
It really was the greatest day.
24. My girlfriend.
Though to be honest, I’d probably try to meet her regardless of if I had someone to make the introduction.
25. My husband. That was over 20 years ago.
26. Board games! Too bad after I’m married and got my son we never hang anymore. I kinda miss spending a whole day playing board games with my friends.
27. Harry Potter. I was in my 20s when the series was released. I figured that it was some dumb kids’ books. He bought me the first four books. When I finally got around to reading them, I was hooked. My enjoyment has outlasted the friendship. I hope that he’s doing well.
I love dive bars. I used to go to them and read. I was reading the fourth book in a biker bar in Northern Minnesota. There was a group of a dozen bikers, all wearing the same vest. The tall guy in the middle yelled over at me, “Hey. What are you reading? ” I yelled back. Him, “Did you get to the part where [spoilers redacted]. And that is how I had a fifteen-minute conversation in a biker bar about Harry Potter. And received several free beers.
28. The concept that being gay is ok.
30. Kayaking, Scuba diving, Cycling.