We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What’s something you’re glad your friend introduced you to? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. He introduced me to his closest friends – all really great people.
2. New music. It’s always hard for me to figure out what I like and they helped give me so much from the experiences I got out of it.
4. Sleep. Seriously. I stayed up all night, had shitty sleep hygiene and poor mental health. We lived together for 6 months and she helped me get on a sleep routine. Changed my life.
5. My wife.
37 years ago.
6. Rock climbing. It’s become my favorite form of exercise, not to mention how fun it is.
7. I feel like everything I like was introduced. I’m sh*t at discovering things on my own. But I’ll say Sushi.
8. The fact that you can cook your eggs in your noodles while you’re boiling them.
9. The best thing I got out of my business & economics degree was when my friend gave me a John Mayer CD (back in 2002). Literally THE reason I started playing guitar. Now it’s my career!
10. Settlers of Catan! My sister is notorious for buying people gifts they won’t like, just to try and impose her own interests on other people. This time it actually worked. My husband and I have been playing a lot during the lockdown.