We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What’s the best Christmas movie of all time? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. Muppet Christmas Carol.
2. Jingle All The Way. Hear me out, you have
- Arnold Schwarzenegger plays a man named “Howard Langston” while using an Austrian accent
- Jake Lloyd Pre-Anakin Skywalker
- The late & beloved Phil Hartman playing a single father ladies’ man
- Arnold fighting black market Santa clauses, including mini me actor Verne Troyer
- Arnold being Iron (Turbo) man 10 years prior to RDJ & the start of the Marvel Trend
- Arnold stealing his neighbors gift, fighting a reindeer who discovers him in the house, accidentally starting a fire, ending with kicking a flaming head from the nativity scene through a window towards a bunch of Christmas Carolers
3. Home Alone 1 & 2.
4. Christmas Vacation.
5. The original How The Grinch Stole Christmas ( 1966 animation). It’s fun, charming, and memorable, and it’s done in 30 minutes. It’s the best option for a yearly Xmas watch.
6. Muppet Family Christmas. All the muppets go to visit Fozzie’s grandma for Christmas, the Sesame Street crew gets lost in a snowstorm and ends up there, and Kermit and his nephew go visit Fraggle Rock. Oh, and the Swedish chef wants to cook Big Bird as the Christmas turkey. Just my absolute favorite.
It’s on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. A Muppet Family Christmas (1987)
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966)
9. Die Hard.
10. Scrooged. The blend of comedy and heartbreak, the pacing, the performances. Top tier.