21. God Only Knows – the Beach Boys. I believe Paul McCartney even considers it the greatest song ever.
22. While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
23. Mr. Blue Sky.
24. Comfortably Numb.
25. Fast Car by Tracy Chapman. Perfect story, lyrics, tone, everything. Heartbreaking every time I hear it and it’s precisely as long as it needs to be.
26. A Change is Gonna Come – Sam Cooke.
27. Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones.
28. Landslide – Fleetwood Mac.
Every time I listen to it, I am immediately calmed down and have no worries. My posture immediately changes and I slump down.
29. Stairway to Heaven
Yeah, it’s been played to death but it’s still phenomenal. It starts with a sweet acoustic line, gradually picking up speed & reaching a crescendo over 8 minutes amidst beautifully poetic lyrics.
30. Midnight City – M83.