We asked our regular contributors through e-mail If COVID never happened, what all would’ve you done in on past 4 months? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. Honestly, I’d probably just find something else to complain about.
2. I would have some of the vision that I lost because I spent months trying to find a Nero ophthalmologist that would see me after I started going blind.
That would be cool… But now I get to learn some interesting new skills like ‘find a new career that can be done when legally blind’ and ‘don’t walk into things that you can’t see’. It’s an adventure!
3. I would have had to work only 40 hours a week instead of the 70 that I have. The stupid clients assume that since people are at home and under the fear of losing their jobs, we can overwork them to insanity.
4. I would have gotten my tooth surgery done and over with.
5. Was supposed to go to Burning Cat. Using the vacation for my dad’s funeral instead.
I hate 2020.
6. Take my Vietnamese girlfriend to Vietnam for two weeks (she hasn’t been there since she was 5 years old) and propose to her.
P.S I proposed here in the states anyway.
She said yes.
7. I would have taken an amazing trip to Japan which would have been way outside of my budget!
8. I would have got married.
9. Would have kept my job, gotten a raise, a sizeable bonus, moved out of my parent’s house, and ultimately taken my plunge into independence.
10. I would’ve gotten a full-time job at my internship after graduating. But they lost too much money during COVID to justify hiring me.