We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What happened today that made you happy? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. A hummingbird keeps coming to my window and hovering. No reason why but it is fun to watch.
2. My 87-year-old dad was declared cancer-free!
3. I told my boss to sell all of my vacation time except for one week.
Turns out I had 1040 hrs saved up. We should be getting something like $15000 this Friday.
4. The person in front of me in a drive-thru bought my breakfast. 😀
5. My boss told me I’m doing a good job.
I underestimated how powerful yet scarce, encouragement and praise can be.
6. A friend made too much banana bread and I get a whole loaf!
7. A student wrote a paragraph on our online class about how much she enjoyed my class and how much fun I made it. It made my week.
8. I visited a 10-month-old baby I removed from her parents 2 months ago. She used to be wide-eyed, hyper-alert, and constantly crying and seeking reassurance. She’s now a smiling, confident, comical baby with warm, brown eyes who is thriving on the love, care, and attention from her new carers. Sometimes my job is actually worthwhile.
9. I got my first job!
10. I spoke to an old friend.