We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What is the funniest movie you’ve ever seen? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. The most insane experience I’ve ever had at the movies was seeing Borat on opening night in a completely packed theater in 2006. I will never forget it.
2. What We Do in the Shadows.
A laugh a minute, and a great intro to the works of Taika Waititi.
3. Hot Fuzz.
4. Office Space I spent a big chunk of my 20s in Call centers so the humor really hit close to home.
5. Naked Gun, Can’t count on both hands how many times I’ve watched that movie. That’s only because I can’t count though.
6. The Emperor’s New Groove.
7. Young Frankenstein.
(Fronk-en-shteen, or Frank-un-stine?)
9. Galaxy Quest.
One of the few movies I don’t hesitate to recommend.
10. Life of Brian – still bitingly funny.