11. The Las Vegas shooting. The worst mass shooting in America’s history. Dozens dead. Hundreds injured. No one has any idea why this random dude stockpiled weapons and went on a mass murder spree. Or why he ended when he did.
We all just collectively went “I guess we’ll never know” and then forgot about it.
12. 128 billion dollars went missing in my country. It is talked about for about 3 months here.
13. Beyonce sang at a private concert for the Gaddafi family in 2008. The only reason why I know this is because it was a foot note in a sociology book about the power dynamics in government neglected regions.
14. The Phoenix lights. My whole immediate family and tons of people on the street we lived on saw the aircraft come overhead. We all stood there speechless and terrified until it passed then the whole block freaked out. Nobody will ever convince me it was flairs. We all saw the outline and structure of the craft clearly. It was so big and slow it was amazing it was staying in the air. My hair still stands on end even thinking about it right now.
15. Several nuclear weapons the US DOD straight up lost.
16. The mysterious circumstances surrounding the death of Casey Kasem(the original voice of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo).
17. Congress being able to insider trade legally.
18. Robinhood shutting off the buy button to stop GameStop’s price from climbing.
19. Identifying all the rich men who participated in Jeffery Epstein’s island.
20. Kind of random but last summer it got to be 50 degrees Celsius in greater Vancouver (highest recorded temperature in Canada ever) and the next day the city of Lytton burned down. It was a phenomenon called a heat dome. It was really scary because no one ever thought it could get that hot here, and a ton of people died because only about 60% of places have AC. It was one of the scariest things I’ve ever been through. No one talks about it at all anymore and that is terrifying to me