56-60 Thailand Facts

Image credit: www.traveller.com.au

Image credit: www.traveller.com.au

56. The average garden snail has 14,000 teeth. In Thailand, they’ve created a spa treatment involving snails crawling over your face. – Source

57. Prostitution and sex tourism account for 3% of Thailand’s economy. – Source

58. Siam was renamed Thailand, then re-renamed Siam…then re-re-renamed Thailand. – Source

59. It is illegal in Thailand to leave your house without underwear. – Source

60. Thailand has human zoos! – Source

61-65 Thailand Facts

Image credit: samuitimes.com

Image credit: samuitimes.com

61. There is a sushi restaurant in Thailand that has robots as servers. Customers place their orders via touchscreen, the robotic, samurai-shaped machines slide to your table to serve you, entertain you with dance numbers, and bus your dishes. – Source

62. The most popular snack in Thailand is fried seaweed. – Source

63. After experiencing a series of disappointing Thai meals abroad, Thailand’s Prime Minister commissioned a taste testing robot that would officially sanction food as authentically Thai or not. – Source

64. Thailand and Vichy France fought a brief war in 1940. France lost. – Source

65. The elder brother of Thai King Bhumibol Adulyadej, King Ananda Mahidol was shot and killed at the age of 21 and his death is still a mystery and is not openly discussed in Thailand. – Source

66-70 Thailand Facts

Image credit: newsinfo.inquirer.net

Image credit: newsinfo.inquirer.net

66. Bhumibol Adulyadej, the man who has ruled Thailand for 66 years, is an accomplished jazz musician. – Source

67. A Thai janitor once stole Saudi Royal jewels and when the jewels were returned it was discovered that half of them were fake. A Saudi businessman with close ties to the royal family traveled to Thailand to investigate and was abducted and killed, along with 3 Saudi officials 3 months later. – Source

68. Scorpion venom is the most expensive liquid on earth at $38,858,507.46 per gallon far surpassing Thailand cobra venom which is $152,835.82 a gallon. – Source

69. A man in Thailand got 30 years in prison for ‘liking’ a photoshopped picture of the King of Thailand on Facebook. – Source

70. Nestle admitted that slave labor was involved in the production of its Fancy Feast cat food brand in Thailand. – Source

71-74 Thailand Facts

Image credit: youtube.com

Image credit: youtube.com

71. “Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew” is a temple in Thailand that has an exterior entirely made of beer bottles. In 1984 a group of monks began a game of “100 bottles of beer on the wall” which now the temple is comprised of over 1.5 million bottles of beer. – Source

72. Under Thailand’s real estate laws foreigners may not own more than 49% of the total floor area of an apartment, the remaining 51% must be owned by a Thai natural or juristic persons. – Source

73. When the King of Thailand, Bhumibol Adulyadej, was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts in 1927 the hospital room was temporarily declared as Thai territory in order for him to be born as a Thai. – Source

74. Tilly Smith, at the age of 10, helped save her family and hundreds of tourists in Thailand from the 2004 tsunami by recognizing warning signs of a tsunami that she had learned in her geography class two weeks earlier. – Source

Categorized in:

Fact List, Places,

Last Update: February 4, 2017