We asked our regular contributors through e-mail If you got to pick any career/job and earned $400,000 no matter what, what career/job would you pick? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. Park ranger.
2. USD 400,000 per year, right?
I’d say be a hotel/resort critic.
That way I get to travel, stay comfortably & get paid for a rather (seemingly) low-effort gig.
3. Part-time travel blogger.
4. Is househusband a career? If not I’ll go with being a baker.
5. I’d like to just roam around and pick up trash. I’d get to travel, hike, explore the world – as long as I leave it better than when I found it.
6. Lego set designer.
7. Lighthouse keeper, I could spend months out on some rocky outcrop surrounded by vicious waves and have supplies choppered in once a month.
8. The same business I have now. I help the elderly and hoarders organize their homes. I quit a job that paid well and to do this and is so rewarding.
9. I’d want to own a studio space where people could take classes, not just art or dancing but also like general hobbies to knitting, sculpting, writing, photography. I want to help people find a passion and explore it. And I’d be able to support others by paying them to teach their own passion.
10. I would run D&D campaigns for k-6 graders to teach them about problem-solving and conflict negotiation.