21. Sanitary products for women! It’s different in different parts of the world + economic backgrounds.
22. I didn’t know that people’s parents give their kids cars like for their 16th birthday or for passing the drivers test, completely blew my mind.
23. Running water 24/7 and most of 365 days.
Stable electricity – the kind that doesn’t shoot lightbulbs out of their sockets.
Sane traffic patterns.
Mostly clean fresh air.
Stocked shelves in the supermarket.
24. Having the ability to express an opinion. Free speech is very censored in a lot of the world.
25. Spontaneity in your daily plans. If you’re a wheelchair user that’s virtually impossible.
So few places have accessible restrooms, some public transport needs contact 24 hours in advance in order to accommodate you, the list goes on.
I envy people who can just go with the flow.
26. Clean drinking water, China is about to realize that in a decade or two.
27. Being able-bodied. So many people are one accident away from being unemployed and don’t realize that. Your job will ruin your body – be aware and fight it.
28. Easy access to food.
So many people go hungry for a variety of reasons from the food just isn’t there to drought to lack of money.
If there was an embargo and food could not get to the stores, there would be a HUGE freakout. For those who deal with it all the time, not a big deal.
29. Being able to be severely ill without losing your house, or without immediately losing your income.
I have been so priviliged living in the Netherlands. I am aware of it everyday.
30. Knowing a fire truck is on its way when there is a fire. Having a public library.