We asked our regular contributors through e-mail What’s a good website to waste a whole night on? We got many interesting responses. Here are some of them. We have just copied and pasted their responses, not editing them in any way.
1. You can spend good time on knowledgenuts.com reading interesting articles.
2. You can visit SaltyBet.com
2 bots compete in a fighting game with user-made characters and you bet fake money on it. A match between Godzilla and Ronald McDonald can get surprisingly hype.
3. Check This site that chooses a random spot on earth each time you refresh and shows you the google street view of it. Spend hours planning all the trips you’ll never take.
5. I have wasted hours on this and I don’t know why.
6. Check this Erowid.org – science, history, experiences, and law about just about every drug, herb, and chemical that humans can consume. There are some fascinating and horrific experience stories.
7. I always love the opportunity to be able to talk about http://archive.org because it is such a wonderful and free resource where you can easily waste hours on.
There is also The Internet Arcade where you can play a lot of classic games along with the Console Living Room which is similar. They have access to tons of old PC games too and you can even play the original Oregon Trail online. There’s a lot more in their software section too.
It also has The WayBack Machine which has archived more than 424 billion web pages saved so you can go back and see how websites were years ago.
8. This is extremely engaging!
9. Quickly lose track of time on YouTube. Once you fall down the rabbit hole there, it’s easy to waste your whole night.
10. Me and my discord buds just spent a few hours messing with https://rave.dj/ ! Pick two or more songs, copy+paste their YouTube/Spotify links, and let an AI try to mash them up.
You can get some surprisingly good results if you give some good effort, or from just slapping the most random sh*t together. Making AIs do things is always a fun time waster.