11. Just a normal Saturday night, I was watching TV home alone with my 2 dogs, when I heard a banging sound coming from the basement. Legit sounded like somebody was just banging something on the appliances we had down there.
Now there is no access into the basement from down there, only through the upstairs rooms that I was in and knew nobody could have come in and got past me.
So with this knowledge, I was not as scared as you may think, more curious as to what the heck the noise was.
One of the two dogs who is a meathead and wants to fight everybody also heard the noise and was now bolting down into the basement to investigate.
I get down and see that it is my other dog, banging his head into our dryer and chest freezer which are next to each other. My meathead dog is just stood there watching confused. So I approach my other dog and calm him down and we all go back upstairs. Now, this freaked the heck out of me and upset me as it seems such very strange behavior for my dog to do.
Fast-forward only 30 mins or so, the banging starts again. I instantly look over to my dog, but he is lay down, but now also aware of the noise downstairs. We run down into the basement and it is meathead now banging his head in between the appliances. Again, I now calm meathead down and we all go back upstairs.
Nothing has ever happened again since that night, 3 years now – so that ruled out brain tumors which is what I read online about why maybe dogs bang their heads ( but 2 dogs, suddenly on the same night, and it only effecting 1 of them at any given time)
3 years and the 3 of us never talk about that night lol.
12. The beginning of the story says “Last night” but this was almost a year ago. We moved out of that house about 6 months after this happened.
My husband recently took an overnights job to help us out during COVID. He’s only been there about two weeks and works evenings/overnights, 9 PM – 6 AM.
That night was no different, he left home around 8:15 pm. Our daughter, age 11, and I decided to make it a movie night. Around 11 pm, I heard keys in my backdoor and the usual sounds my husband makes when he comes home. I creep out to the kitchen to make sure it was him, and it was. He told me he needed to grab his knee compression sleeve, walks down the hall, says hi to our daughter as he passes the living room, and goes upstairs. He came back down, gave me a kiss, and left again.
We finished our movie and went to bed. In the morning when he got home I made a joking comment about him forgetting his knee sleeve. He was genuinely confused as I recalled the previous night. Our daughter confirmed everything I said and he still was acting confused. I pulled up our security motion camera on my phone to show him when he popped in quickly. But there was no footage from the night before, or any other night, of him coming home after he’s left for work.
My daughter and I both heard him, saw him, and I touched him. But he was never home during that time. Nothing else out of the ordinary happened that night. We seriously have no idea what happened.
13. There was a kid in another class at my school in 6th grade that was a genius. I don’t mean like, oh he’s really smart cause doesn’t need to do the homework and still gets a 100s. Like he’s was doing advanced calculus with a local college professor after school. This kid was smarter than everyone.
So one day our computer system for the entire school goes down. (I was in a poorer area at the time so this was normal). This occurred many times so normally it would affect us cause we barely used laptops and such. The only class that was affected was the computer class. This kid was in the computer class.
3 or so hours later when I’m in class with him during social studies. 3 guys with FBI jackets on and our local chief escorted him out of the building. We were told nothing, the parents were told nothing. It never hit the news. To this day we have no clue what he did. Except for every single teacher I’ve asked about this says they were also told nothing.
I haven’t seen the kid since and I can’t find a trace of him going to any other school or ending up in trouble. He just fell off the face of the earth with his parents. (His parents also disappeared and no one really looked for them after a month or so)
I still think about that kid.
14. My nana (great-grandma) and Mum were very close but lived overseas from one another my whole life. They talked on the phone every Sunday, but because it was an international call, it was extremely expensive, so they took turns calling every Sunday at 8:00 AM to make the cost equal. However, due to a four-minute difference in clocks, Nana always ended up calling at 8:04. Also, the caller ID never showed up.
Mum called on a Sunday, Nana died on a Tuesday. The following week, we’re sitting at the table eating breakfast, and Mum notices it’s 7:50 AM; Nana would have been calling any minute! She gets emotional, I comfort her. Then at 8:04 AM the mother f**king phone rings. The called ID reads “Unknown Caller”.
We look at each other like, what is this some sort of sick joke? She answers — there’s nothing but static at the other line and some garbled voice recording.
The only decipherable words in it are, ”We hope you enjoy your trip to paradise!” (click) The phone cuts off.
Absolutely no explanation for that one. Still baffles me to this day.
15. I woke up in the bath at a very specific time, like 5.45. Twice. Ten years in between. Water was getting cold, I was naked. No memory of getting there, some fragments of like seeing my own hand turning on the tap. No drugs or alcohol or even medication involved. The worst thing was the fear. When I woke up I felt an inexplicable, almost primordial, dread. Lasted for hours, I was shaking, couldn’t function. Still freaks me out thinking about it. Might have been three times I can’t remember properly, I still get the shakes from the memory.
16. I was driving home from work on a long somewhat dark road. I’ll admit I was tired and cold and just wanted to get home. The speed limit was 60 MPH and I was doing closer to 70. Suddenly, a girl with long blonde hair, a black coat with brown fur on the hood, and jeans just showed up in front of my car. I knew there was another car to my left up ahead but it was black and all I saw was that it was stopped before I saw her. I managed to maneuver around her. I was freaked out, I turned to a side street and stopped to figure out what was happening. Then a tall guy with a black coat and short hair gets out of the driver’s side of the stopped car. Grabbed her, dragged her to the car while she was fighting him, and put her back in the car. I called the police and gave them the description of the car and the direction it took off in. I never heard anything about it, and I have not stopped thinking about her since. It’s been 2 years.
17. Right after quarantine started I got a package in the mail. It was addressed to my name and my address and contained 1 pink starburst and nothing else. To this day, I have no idea who sent it or why. The return address was a vacant office space across the country.
18. I was exploring the area behind my house shortly after we moved in. The area back there had once been a small quarry that had since filled with water. It was a pit of the pond that supposedly went straight down sixty feet if you stepped into it. I was walking along the edge and I came across a backpack filled with old video game cartridges and a set of clothing just laying on the ground. They were for the N64 and we found this around 2004 so they were outdated. Next to it was a set of clothing. The clothes were laying on the ground, spread out, pants and shirt, so it looked like someone laying down. They looked like they’d been there a long time. Same with the backpack. I told my parents and they called the cops. There had been no reports of missing children or anything in the area. We never got an explanation but it was weird.
19. I was deployed to Iraq and we stayed in a former prison in Baghdad. During the night we would see and hear strange things. The base at this time only had soldiers but we would hear children playing from inside the prison. One day we decided to dig deeper to see where the kids were. When we finally found where the noise was coming from we found a room with the ceiling caved in. We didn’t find any kids but found kids’ books, toys, and kids’ clothes. Everything looked like it wasn’t moved in weeks. We continued to hear the kids in the year we spent there.
20. I was about 10 when this took place. I’m in my early 30’s now. I remember it was well into late-night hours when I saw my grandmother was standing at the front screen door looking outside. She was talking to someone. I saw she was talking to my dad. I couldn’t see my dad’s face cause he was facing away from her. He was shirtless. He had a very large distinct mole in the middle of his back, so I knew it was him. He was mumbling something I couldn’t understand. My grandmother was telling him something along the lines of “if you love them so much why did you go and do this”?
My mom wasn’t there with us to see this. She had left moments before after she got a call letting us know my dad had been driving drunk and hit a mule on the highway. My dad was in the hospital hanging on to life.